IELTS tests for immigration purposes are ever more important.
On April 14, 2021, a special program announcement was made by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada. Effective May 6, 2021, IRCC will begin accepting applications under the following 3 streams:
· 20,000 applications for temporary workers in health care
· 30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations
· 40,000 applications for international students who graduated from a Canadian institution
The streams will remain open until November 5, 2021, or until they have reached their limit. Up to 90,000 new permanent residents will be admitted under these 3 streams.
If you plan to apply through one of the above streams, you may wish to take an IELTS test with us.
Global Village Test Centres have added extra test dates to our April schedule, and will continually add more test dates in the system to accommodate for the increased demand.
High demand for tests has placed unprecedented strain on the online test booking site. The issue is being addressed as a top priority by IDP.
In the meantime, an off-line application process is available. Please follow these steps:
1. Begin the process of creating a secure VPN browser via this URL: https://www.torproject.org/download/
2. Once you are on this webpage, select the type of platform you are using (Windows, OS X, Android or Linux).
3. Download the browser.
4. Once the VPN browser is downloaded (installed) from Tor, please copy the following link into the newly created VPN web browser:
This will take you to the IELTS Essentials booking site!
5. Once you are on IELTS Essentials, you must go through the online registration and select the Global Village Victoria venue.
We are working very hard to keep up with communication but we ask for your patience at this time when we have unprecedented demand. Email is the preferred method of contacting our Test Centres on Vancouver Island and in Alberta at this time: